Resident Artist Program
CantantiPROJECT is passionate about helping collaborative- and entrepreneurial- minded singers further their careers and ventures. We are dedicated to singer-propelled music making, and to singers who are passionate about creating their own opportunities and enriching the classical marketplace with their unique voice and perspective.
Our Resident Artist Program is designed to both further our own vision and offer more focused enrichment to the singers who make us great.
What Are the Perks?
1. Provide support for the individual ventures of the Resident Artist. Have a recital that you want to perform? We’ll help you refine the theme, write the press release, record the concert, and promote it through our channels.
2. Provide insight & opportunity to the Resident Artist through involvement in our music for the singer. Work one-on-one with our conductors & music directors, observe group rehearsals and dress rehearsals, and individual coaching with the Core Artists to refine your resume, bio, and website in to unique statements that reflect who you are as an artist.
3. Networking opportunities to the Resident Artist. Resident Artists may get the opportunity to sing on private concerts or fundraising events where they can interact directly with our donors and fans.
If you're an emerging singer looking for a supportive environment for further development and feedback, this might be a program for you. We'll be considering singers for the Resident Artist program from those who audition for our projects during the season, but if you have a project of your own, you can apply at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request an audition at the form below.
Project 20: CANTAMOS
We’re seeking 3-5 singers for CANTAMOS, a concert at the United Palace of Cultural Arts that showcases the diversity of classical music by bringing the fascinating and spirited music of Latin America and Europe to Upper Manhattan. Repertoire will include opera, art song, zarzuela, and popular music.
All voice types welcome. Prior experience singing in Spanish is not required, but you'll need the know-how and resources to pick it up quickly. Full project details are available in the audition request form.
Required Final Rehearsal: Monday, November 5th at 12:30pm
Performance: Monday, November 5th at 7:30pm
Singer Fee: $200
Auditions: September 15th from 7-10pm; and 16th from 6-10pm
Audition Request Deadline: 11:59pm on Thursday, September 13th
In the audition form, we'll ask you to upload:
1) Resume (PDF)
If you haven't worked with us before, we'll also ask for:
3) Two References who can speak to your professional and/or musical work.
4) One Recording, audio or video. The recording doesn't have to be professionally recorded/produced.
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates and announcements. You can find us on social media as @cantantiproject.